I have a question to ask! My last period was June 5th of this year and whenI in for a sonagram my dates was off for weeks but I never had a period in July at all so how did I concive in July??

I am now 20 weeks preggo today!!!

Karels3129

Asked by Karels3129 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My date didn't line up correctly either. Don't worry about it, remember a due date is just an educated guess! Most babies are born within two weeks on either side, so try to look at it as a window of time rather than a specific date.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I hve the same issue. My last period was march 10th of this year but they say i got pregnant in april. And that i'm 31wks. But hey they were wrong about my son they said he was going to be born in aug of 06 all the way up til he was born and he was born 5wks "early" but he was a healthy baby that weighed 7lbs 5ozs they then decided they were wrong.
    Anonymous

• I MAYBE THOUGHT I WAS TRIPPING OR SOMETHING. The 1st day of my last cycle was Aug 7, 2008 which would make my estimated due date to be 05/14/2008. When i went in for by 1st sonagram back in October the doctor gave me a due date for 05/09/2009. Which it was 5 day off, he told me that the sonagram machine came be two week early or two weeks late, BUT i no i CONCEVIED in August after i got off my cycle. So to answer your question u conceived in June after you had your cycle. CONGRADULATIONS
    my1stchild2009

Answer by my1stchild2009 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I had my period the end of may begining of june and there saying I conceived the first week of July it never makes sense . . its nothing to worry about sometimes our bodies are off or are doctors are wrong. .
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• A "normal" cycle is 28 days ... few woman actaully have a"normal" cycle ... LOL

Around day 14 of your cycle is when you are able to get pregnant.

So ... you have your period which is the end of your cycle. Your next cycle starts and at day 14 you get pregnant and then about 14 days later you miss your period.

They start calculating your due date by the date of your last period was is about 14 days BEFORE you conceived.

They have no way of knowing the EXACT day you conceive so they use a guideline based on your last period. A pregnancy lasts 40 weeks ... that 10 months!!!! But we're only preg for 9 months!?!?!

It's all an educated guess!!!! LOL

Just relax and enjoy your pregnancy ... the baby will come when he / she is ready .. LOL

4yourfamily

Answer by 4yourfamily at 10:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I got preggo without a period because stress can cause you to skip then it is hard to tell yup it is an educated guessssssssssss
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 9:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2008