What was the last unexpected kindness you received?

Nonoluna

Asked by Nonoluna at 3:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• About two weeks ago, we had a nasty snow storm here. Actually, we were on the verge of one and I had gone to the store to get a few things before it really hit hard. When I got out to my car, the temp was below 0 and and I got my trunk open and put the stuff in my car. But by the time I was ready to get my car door open, my hands were so numb and sore from the cold (I only had knit gloves) I couldn't press open the button on the remote to unlock it and the key wouldn't work. I went back into the store to try to warm my hands up so I could try again. I was crying a little bit and two women saw me and asked what was wrong. I explained what happened, and they offered to drive me down to my car (they had someone waiting at the entrance for them) to help me open it. And they did just that. It's probably the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• A really nice message from one of our own ladies here with sweet comforting words for the loss of my daughters pregnancy.

Answer by older at 3:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Going to Wal-Mart and getting a friendly cashier. Then going to Chick-fil-a and there being a lady who asks if you need anything and if you want a refill. The one I was at didn't use to do that.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I mentioned to my husband a few weeks ago that I wanted a Rascal Flatts CD and those racks that are advertised on TV that are for making your closet more organized. I forget what they're called. But anyway, he came home yesterday and handed me a box of those racks and Rascal Flatt's new CD! I was very surprised and felt so loved that he actually remembered and was thinking of me. I love my hubby. <3
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• A girl that I went to college with and completely failed to get along with (we were basically enemies) came to my table at a fancy dinner and said that she has changed a lot and understood that she was a complete jerk in college and apologised. She said she understood and realized how hard I worked, but that she just wasn't mature enough to realize it at the time. It was huge for me, and I was very touched by her sincerity and humility. It was completely unexpected, and very kind.
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• we asked my FIL if we could borrow $20 to get diapers and he came over to give us the money and he gave us $100 and told us to keep it. He is the sweetest man ever.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 4:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I was at the store struggling with some water jugs (the 5 gallon ones) and DS and a nice man came over and helped me put them in my cart.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• An elderly gentleman at the grocery story this morning told me I looked lovely as the lady in red. I had on a red jacket. He then told me who the lady in red was and he was so delightful. He told me I was just a young thing and wouldn't know the lady in red. I told him I wasn't that young and he said yes I was and I told him I was in my sixties and he said no way. Made my day because he was so honest
    and he really was giving me a compliment. Wish he had been 20 years younger. LOL
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My friend bought me lunch for my birthday last week. I knew we were going out to eat, but I didn't know she was paying. Friend are great!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My Pastor coming to the hospital yesterday and praying for me before my surgery and my step mom for taking me and staying the whole day. My neighbor being nice about my dogs barking because another dog was in my yard trying to get into my rabbit cage. She hates barking dogs and I called her and told her I couldnt get the dog to stay gone. I would yell and make it leave and it would come back in 5 minutes.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 8:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2011