Medicine and Juice?

My son has a cold and is terrible about taking medicine. I normally have to have my husband hold him down and we force it down his throat. I wouldn't want him to take something so badly if it weren't for this fever that he's got. I'm wondering, can I mix his children's advil with juice and give it to him that way?

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 3:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, but he'll have to drink the whole thing, so don't put in too much juice. My kids liked to drink it themselves from the little cup. They did that quite young.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You can try. Mine knew that it didn't taste like normal and refused it though. :(
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 3:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Mary Poppins couldn't be all wrong could she? You can mix most medicines with juice. You do have to be sure all the juice gets swallowed in a reasonable time frame. This is the only time I break out the kool-aid real sugar fruit punch mix. I mix the kool aid in hot water and use a little more than the directions say and and mix the medication in. Its the mommy version of jungle juice. Its a rare treat but it gets it down.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2011