Is the 3D ultrasound worth the price?

My Dr. offers it for $250.00 and he said it was best to do it at 31 weeks. I know I could probably find some other place that offers it at a lower price. But if you are having it done just to have it done, is it worth that price?

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 3:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so. I never had one. You'll see him soon enough!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• yes it is totaly cool
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• i am not getting one you can see your baby just fine with a 2d ultrasound why spend the money go by the baby something!!
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 3:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• the farther along the better 3d is amazing u get to see all the features but i personally wouldnt pay 250 for it unless it was medical necessary
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• you are almost there, don't bother unless you have extra money to spend. they took a 3D for me when I went for the 2nd ultrasound in the hospital, it's cute but I will not pay for it tho.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Nope
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 4:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think so, they are so awesome. You can see facial features, it's amazing. If you already know the sex though, I would say no. It's more exciting going in at say 16 weeks to get a 3D ultrasound because you'll most likely get to find out the sex, especially because you can see more clearly and be sure with the 3D.
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 6:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• depends. with my first one ,i could not do it,so i decided to do it now with my second girl. and we did it for the first time at 32 weeks,it was kind of late,because the baby gets so big,but we gave it a shot.
    If your baby cooperates,then yes it's worth it,but if your baby covers his face and is upside down,whatever you do,will not help,then i wouldn't do it.
    My little girl was so stubborn,that we had to do the ultrasound 3 times,to try to get some good pics. she was just so stubborn. the only body parts we could get was her hand,her ear and her toes. I was very upset,because it's very expensive,so i will not do it again,because if she doesn't work with you and does not want to be seen,it will be better to get a 2d pics,that's what we did,my doc was upset too,so she took some black and white pics for us,at least smth to remember. Still upset,it did not work :) But i wish you luck,maybe it will work out for you.
    crouse3

Answer by crouse3 at 9:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2011