Have you ever had to have a colposcopy and biopsy?

due to an abnormal pap?
how uncomfortable is it?
i have one tomorrow morning and i'm nervous as hell!
i'm 29 weeks pregnant so that makes me even more nervous.

xLeeAnnex

Asked by xLeeAnnex at 4:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Health

• I have. It's not much more uncomfortable than a regular pap. The thing that was most uncomfortable was that they have to stretch you open a little more than a normal pap - it hurt me, but only for a second, and I was a little sore afterwards. And you can bleed too - they gave me a pad to wear, but I think I only bled a little bit for a couple of hours afterward (of course you might bleed a little more because you're preggers). And of course, it only lasts a couple minutes, so it's not too bad at all. It'll be fine. :)
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• i have had to have both several times and its not anymore uncomfortable than having a pap done.
    as far as being pregnant i wasnt when i had mine done im surprised they are doing it while you are pregnant.

good luck mama
    ohioautsimmommy

Answer by ohioautsimmommy at 4:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I've had one and it was so much worse than a Pap smear. I was down for the rest of the day and had bleeding, not spotting. I would say it was just my doctor but the only other women I know who have had it done said the same thing I did. It is removal of tissue from the cervix, not a swab like a Pap smear. Is the doctor absolutely certain it needs to be done while you're still pregnant?
    Anonymous

• yes she said since my pap was "very" abnormal, it needs to be done. she said it won't hurt baby, but i will have bleeding and cramping. she also told me to take tylenol 30-60 minutes before my appointment. thanks for the advice ladies!
    xLeeAnnex

Comment by xLeeAnnex (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2011