I started working on a quilt for my mom and she told me she did not want it... sort of a vent

After I have the material, and started it.
I just want to finish this quilt now and I guess since it isn't for her queen size bed I will just make it a twin size and give it to my daughter.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 4:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Oh that's so mean of her to hurt your feelings like that. Well take your time and make your DD a really beautiful quilt and maybe she'll be jealous. I hope you were able to at least tell her she hurt your feelings, I'd tell my Mother, and I probably would never make her anything again.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• She actually said she didn't want it? Wow... real nice..
    I'd make it gorgeous and keep it for myself, then when my mom came to visit, I'd be like "oh! look at my gorgeous new blanket I made!" :P
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• That's harsh. :( Gratitude is something that some people have real trouble with. I speak from my experiences with my mother which were less than stellar.

Think hard if you want that quilt in your home. You might be reminded of your mother's refusal of it. Would you consider donating it? Perhaps a lonely senior would appreciate it or a family in a shelter.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 4:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You can make one for me! =P I love stuff like that hehehe
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• That wasn't very nice......I am sorry, I would have treasured something like this from my daughter, even if I did not like it!

Answer by older at 4:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think I'd cry if my mom did that to me :( A store bought quilt is not the same as a handmade one anyway- they don't put in all the LOVE. lol Sorry, Mama- make it gorgeous and take pics and send them to her, and show her what she's missing out on.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• So sorry your Mom hurt you like that. What's up with her? Love the idea of donating it to a senior center.

Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:42 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• The part that made me feel worse was when she said she went out to Target and bought a new reversible quilt.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Nonoluna, that is an awesome idea.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Dang, sorry to hear about your mom's response to your gift!! I'd love to have anyone of my 3 kids to make me a quilt, it would mean so much more to me then a store bought reversable one!! A local nursing home w/someone who has no family?? Who'd appreciate such a wonderful gift...
    LaughsAlot

Answer by LaughsAlot at 1:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2011