Do all vagina's have a smell? adult content

I know this is a weird/gross question but I've always thought that all vaginas have a certain "odor." Not necessarily a bad odor but just a smell that smells like well, vagina! Now since coming on here, I've read some peoples' answers that that's not the case? That not all vagina's have a smell to them? So is it just me then? Why do people say phrases like "it smells like vagina" if all vaginas don't smell? I'm sorry this is a stupid gross question but I'm serious. Do I need to see a doctor or something now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Health

• Well, this is the way I understand it....all vaginas do have a smell, but in most cases you have to be pretty much in them to smell it. However if you are a person who has 'leaks' of fluid then of course there is going to be a little bit stronger smell, and also around your period. In most cases only you can smell your vagina or atleast notice it unless they're down there in that area. I most always have a smell, but I have other issues that cause fluid to leak out. Though I know no one but me can smell it it still bothers me sometimes. Hope this helps...
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 4:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Clean vagina's have a personal odor unique to the individual and unclean ones just smell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 4:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You are not a woman? I think you are a bored lonely old man!
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 4:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• idaspida, yes I am a woman. I am just asking if everyone has a "smell" or is it just me?! Its not bad or anything, but many women on here have made comments that their vagina has no smell at all and all this other stuff so I'm wondering do I really have a problem or are these women not being honest?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I agree with Older.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Thank you ramita. That's the answer I was looking for.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011