I want her to have a relationship?

Our Daughter is nine months and we went to see my husbands family (all of them) I get along great with my in-laws by the way! But lately I feel like we have to drive to see them for our Daughter to even know who they r. It had been three weeks sense the last visit and we only live an hour if that apart. My daughter acted as if they were all strangers when we got there. She cried, held onto me and barley would go to any of them even after 15-20 minutes of being there. Plus as I'm there they all talk about the things they did when they were together the last couple of weeks........going to soccer games, going to dinner/breakfast, playing games with my one nephew at HIS house etc. But they NEVER come to see mine! I just want my Daughter to be close with her Grandparents and Aunts/Uncles because I never was. Should this bother me as much as it dose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• I feel where you are coming from on that my son is 2 yearold now and feels like my Parents in-law act like they want my Nicece around more then my son And we live an hour away to . And only time they want us over when they call but when we ask them to come over it like there too busy or they got something better to do.. But don't blame yourself becuase i did that too.. And sometimes it comes back and reminds me about it but we got to just go on and live life .. I know you might feel like what did my daughter or son do........ to make them not want to see them RIGHT?? Will just do what you been doing take them over there too see them i know you might feel like you Reather not do that.. Just remember ... One day it will come back and bit them in the butt......................
    Angels723

Answer by Angels723 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• shes only 9 months. chill!
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I do understand how you feel...I have had those feelings about my girls' dad's side of the family for many, many years!
    I am also in my 2nd marriage and someone in hubby's family can be driving through our town (they all live at least 40 miles away) And nobody will stop in. My stepdaughter is 23 and she's told me through her myspace she wants to see her brother, but will not make any effort. So I have a 4 yr old son that doesn't beleave that he has 4 sisters, just 3 sisters.
    You are not alone in your feelings and maybe years down the road things will be different.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I agree they should make an effort to come and see you. We live about 45 min away from both of our families and we are always the ones driving there. It bothers me because they can travel everywhere else, but they dont' come here to see my boys. And not going results in my boys not seeing the other family memembers because they won't come here. Or call! :D Sorry, it just makes me angry because they'll say "y'all don't come see us or you don't call" Ugh! I certainly understand why you're hurt by this, perhaps invite them to your home for dinner on Sunday or Saturday. Your LO will probably respond better to them on her turf! :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I live five MINUTES away from my in-laws and they have been to my house ONCE in two and a half years. The only time they see their grandson is if/when we bring him over. They never call and try to take him anywhere or anything. My own parents live in North Carolina and have been to my house more. They have also taken my 4yo son for a week a couple of times. My father will actually drive down and take him back with him. My in-laws may only see him once a week, that is if I drop him off for 4 hours when I go to school. This even started before my niece was born, so I know it's not because of her.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2008