Ex Husband #1 helping me after 25 years, what do you think?

I am a Mommy blogger and do reviews and giveaways and I know my 1st ex, married 3 times and happy now, is in the hair biz. I actually have said hi here and there on Facebook and he is gay now and a lot has changed. Anyway I asked him to help and he is doing 2 giveaways with me and then he spent a good part of the day explaining a lot of the stats we deal with and what they mean, as I am new at this and he had the knowledge.
So, do you think I am wrong for working with the ex? What would you do? I haven't told DH and I don't have anything to hide, just don't want to deal with his jealousy as he is jealous.

Joaness

Asked by Joaness at 4:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• If there is nothing to hide why hide it? The thing is he is liable to find out. The act of not disclosing it makes it look like he has reason to be worried. I would just put it out there. Refuse to deal with his jealousy if it is unfounded.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• husband would have to be the most jealous man in the world, if jealous about out of the closet gay hair stylist (even if you were married to him decades ago)
    tell your husband, if he does get jealous, laugh!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Would he even be jealous knowing your ex is gay?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You better tell him, cuz if he finds out some other way that will make it worse. But I see nothing wrong with working with him. Are you meeting face to face or phone/email/facebook/text LOL!
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 4:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I do networking with my exes. I think its great if you guys can get along. And him being gay pretty much solidifies that there won't be any tension now, doesn't it? I can see DH having an issue bc of your past...but most guys tend to worry about flames being rekindled. that obviously won't happen in this case.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 4:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Well I am in Florida and he is in LA! I know there is nothing wrong but I am nervous to tell him for some reason. He used to see ex#2 when we came to pick up kids and we laughed about him. Don't know why it feels different to me now. I have butterflies in my stomach
    Joaness

Comment by Joaness (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• If you can't tell your spouse, then you have big problems. Lies of omission are still lies.

You should strongly consider couples counseling, and get those lines of communication reopened.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I don't think this means we need couples therapy. I think I need some kahunas. I will tell him. He is always nosing into my product review stuff and messing me up like eating almost a whole bag of cookies I am supposed to review. I did get some crumbs. I will tell him tonight when we are laying in bed moaning over the day's nonsense then having a laugh at our crazy Bassett who will do something to amuse us. I just don't know why I got the butterfys and some hot flashes as he was it years ago.
    Thanks for all the answers. This is my first question and enjoyed sharing with you all!
    Joaness

Comment by Joaness (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2011