How do i potty train my daughter? So far nothing is working, help please!!

hannahsmom0208

Asked by hannahsmom0208 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She may not be ready. Give it a couple months and then try again.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Wait until they are ready!
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I agree with the other moms; definitely wait until she is ready. I know our 2-year old daughter isn't ready but she is curious and is trying. What we do is everytime it is bath time while she is waiting for us to fill the bath, make the water warm, etc. she gets to sit on the potty. She loves it and has actually gone 3 times now. We figure it is a start for now.
    Sniffles101

Answer by Sniffles101 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• HI! I'm in the process of potty training too.
    I found a book that has been super helpful to me. Its called " potty training girls the easy way" by Caroline Ferleman,MD & Simon Cave
    I'm about half way through it and it is really awesome and insightful.
    I found it on Amazon.com
    I also bought her two books...one is once upon a potty for girls and the other one is the potty book for girls.
    Hope this helps and good luck!! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I am having the same problem with my daughter too. She may not be ready because neither is my daughter. She gets curious but doesn't want to go unless I am in the bathroom.
    acruz86

Answer by acruz86 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Im potting training mines also...I put her on the pot from 8am to 2pm (nap time) If she pees on her self i sit her on the potty for an hour so she knows that if she pee pees on herself she will have to sit with no play so she does to the potty...u can also take her to the bathroom and show her how u potty
    Classymuchacha

Answer by Classymuchacha at 12:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2011