What do you think about people who train/encourage their dogs to be vicious?

In particularly, people who train/encourage their dogs to attack children? Who are in their OWN yard playing innocently? I just witnessed this from my window. The sweet little girl and her brother that live across the street from us(they're around 4) were playing in their yard like usual and a group of adults/teens came down the road with 4 dogs. The german shepard started barking at the girl and the guy says"GET HER!" and the dog proceeds to go after the girl. Luckily the girl screamed and got away.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 4:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pets

• i think if that dog had actually attacked it would have been euthanized, and the kid would be facing some serious charges.

people are so stupid today.

not going to say anything else because the thought of all this is infuriating.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think people like that should be taken out back and shot.... Okay, little extreme, but I DO think it should be punishable by law. Who the hell would DO such a thing? Not only is it completely irresponsible and outrageous, it also ruins perfectly good dogs. This is why pit bulls have such a bad reputation, not because they're bad dogs, but because assholes like that own them. Ugh. Makes me sick :|
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I believe that to be all of the owner's fault. Dogs weren't intended to be here for vicious attacks ,preying on small children or any one who isn't doing anything wrong for that matter. I believe that the owner obviously has some issues if they are training their dogs to do such of the things you mentioned. The owner is at fault and you have to kind of observe which type of breed of dog it is, in this case the German shephard would have a natural tendency to attack after whatever the owner is telling him to go after...these dogs are precise and very obediant..as you will see them in the back of cop cars. So , my opinion is NO its not right and YES blame it all on the OWNER!
    rasta911

Answer by rasta911 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• that's pathetic and people need to go to jail for it.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• That is wrong.
    I have two dogs and we treat them good because it was my DH who explained that it's not the breed but the owner who determines what the dog will be like.
    Our dogs are american staffordshire terriors and always called pitbulls by our neighbors. But our dogs wag their tails, sniff and lick people like they think they are puppies.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 4:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• They're ignorant ***holes!
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 4:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Well unfortunately that is what is happening in today's society!! The authorities do not crack down hard enough on those who mis-treat animals...Gang members are the worst when it comes to mis-treating their dogs and using them to hurt others!
    mumstheword155

Answer by mumstheword155 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• They are seriously lucky those weren't MY children.  And if a dog started coming after one of mine, I'd shoot it.  Training animals to do this is the reason why many dogs are eventually going to be outlawed, pit bulls already are in Michigan.  It gives a bad name to the animals when it's the owners faults, not the dogs. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think its terrible and also illegal. My cousins were attacked on their big wheels when they were 2 and 3 yrs old by a neighbors pit bull who had also been trained to fight. Thankfully neither or them were seriously injured, but my uncle called the police and animal control and they removed the dogs and put them to sleep. They also pressed charges against the dog owners. I think that you should call the police and report these idiots.

Answer by gemgem at 5:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I would have ran out there and got the children to safety and called animal control and the police. then when they were gone i would punch the kids in the face as hard as i could. lol for me to say that means i am really ticked off. i have never hit anyone in my life. they are sooooo lucky i wasnt there. i don't care if i got arrested or punched out or whatever. that is so sick. i remember when i was a kid and road my bike to 4H meetings way out in the country these 2 german shepards would chase me and try to bite my legs. i was about 12 and then i road my horse and they tried to bite her. she kick one and it ran away. my dad went and ask the people to keep them under control and they threatened my dad. he told them one more time they chased me he would take care of it. well lets just say, they did chase me one more time and that was the last time they ever chased anyone!
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 5:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011