Can you think of anything else I need for the baby?

I have his crib, car seat, stroller, play pin with bassinet and changing table, bouncer, and swing. Other then the basic thing's can you think of anything else I need to get?

mommy2be0611

Asked by mommy2be0611 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Shopping

• It's a good idea to stock up on diapers and wipes. Baby powder. Formula if you're going to use it. Crib sheets. Bottles.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Not for the baby, but do you have a rocker? It really saved me some late nights..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think that you got it all! I will tell you that if you don't have help around make a few dishes and throw them in the freezer so on the days that you are to sleepy you will still have a nice meal!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• wash cloths
    lots of onsies
    burp cloths
    sling
    baby monitor (optional...plus I didnt really use mine till baby was older but its still something nice to have)
    baby bathtub
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• All good suggestions~ for a few months down the road we loved the Johnny Jump on the stand or on the door frame and the exercauser
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Baby monitors
    Lots diapers and wipes (I started buying once a week in my 3rd trimester lol)
    baby tshirts
    baby pajama (feeties)
    1-5 decent outfits to take them out in (like to the doctor etc)
    Nursing gown if you plan to nurse
    Nursing bra's
    Vaseline
    Alcohol
    Cotton swabs
    changing table
    baby towels
    baby body bath
    advil or tylenol for the post pardum cramps

Answer by gemgem at 5:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• One of those small bathing tubs to use in the kitchen to give your baby a bath. A really good diaper bag, because that will become your purse for the next 2.5 years or until your baby is potty trained.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 5:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• While you're still pregnant, cook up a storm and freeze in small portion sizes. Once the baby comes you're not going to want to start cooking and you may not have the energy. This way you can pull something out of the freezer microwave it and you have an instant meal. I made chili, hearty soups, lasagna, stew and salmon burgers.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 5:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• A play mat where they lay on their back and there's toys above him to bat at. A diaper Geenie! It will save you on garbage bags. You'll end up taking out half full bags because of the SMELL! Tub toys, baby socks, hats, a baby tooth brush, baby shampoo. You may also want to get a toy bar that straps onto the car seat.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 5:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Ok long list, and you don't HAVE to have all this to bring a child home A comfy chair preferably a rocker or glider or recliner, diapers and wipes. Extra face clothes or rags for spit ups over the shoulder and OMG moments (the more the better) infant safe washer detergent, pacifiers if you want to use them, bottles. Stock up your medicine cabinet with baby tylenol, mylicon, get a GOOD thermometer for kids because this is stuff you won't need right away but probably space buying untilo 11 PM some night when you need it. A baby sling or other cling to you contraption, stock up on your own meds and staple items--especially stuff you don't think your SO will be able to pick up for you, bathing items, clothes--figure on at least 3 outfits a day for a week and you are on the money. Sun hats or mittens depending on what season we are looking at. I am not a diaper genie fan but work out a system and be ready to go.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2011