Does it take you an hr to get out of the house?

because ur kiddo wants to pack all their toys and bring them with .. omgggg *pulls hair out*

spitfire06

Asked by spitfire06 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• no. I honestly wouldn't let my child do that in the first place.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It feels like it sometimes. Between going to the bathroom one more time just in case to toys to putting my daughter's coat on yet again because she pulls it off, yeah, an hour at least.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Nope...takes us about 10-15 minutes. My husband and I do all the preliminary work (i.e. backpack with diapers, snacks, etc.) and our daughter is in charge of 1 thing; her coat for now. We find if we put in charge of things she really likes it and it is much easier to get everyone out of the house. Once we have the jacket down then we will add another item (i.e. toy to bring, etc.).
    Sniffles101

Answer by Sniffles101 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yeah it takes me way longer to get out the house cuz my son wants to take his cars, teddy bears
    And a lot of stuff we don't need it drives me crazy
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It seems like it takes that long, but only because my boys are 3 and 4. It comes down to them both to get their shoes and coats on without sidetracking one another. Some days they take forever to round up, other days it's like they've lit fires under their butts.
    Taking toys?
    Oh crap...
    Maybe if it was just the one kid I'd consider letting them, but with both of them I think I'd like to pull out of the driveway sometime this week. LOL
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 4:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• We keep 2 or 3 toys that pretty much stay i the car. Ones that don't make noise lol. Like Etch-A-Sketch and Magna Doodle. they are excited to play with those always when we get in the car because that's the only time they see them.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Not anymore. I keep a sack of toys in the car. My 3 yr old pretty much can get herself ready and I just have to get my 19 month old ready
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• it only takes you an hour? Yes, its ridiculous. I keep waking up earlier, cutting the me/hygiene time shorter and I keep being late, and on the rare occasion I am not late it must mean emergency potty stop, a forgotten item to run back for or a phone call I really have to take. I miss being prompt!
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Uh, no. My kids aren't allowed to take any toys with them when they leave the house. It takes a little longer now because I have to get the baby's jacket on him and get him in the stroller but my 4yo gets herself ready and then we leave. Probably takes 20 minutes (maybe longer if the baby needs to be changed first).
    We have 5 kids and we've never allowed them to bring toys with them when we go out unless we were making a long trip (like visiting family in the next town and then I picked what they brought and it was just 1 stuffed animal and a couple cars or Barbies and that's it). Quit letting the kids control you.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2011