Partial Placenta Abrevia?

Have any of you ladies had it and it NOT moved later on in your pregnancy?  Have you had it and it moved up as your stomach rounded out?  The placenta implanted very low, had a partial.  I'm going for another ultrasound this Friday to see if it's moved up or not.  Any advice?

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• lol well hers never did. and they took her off bedrest a week before her duedate (which was stupid on their part) and it ended up abrupting.

of course this is rare. and chances are yours could still move. good luck :) hopefully when you go on friday it will have moved a little.

are you on bedrest?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• i have a friend who had partial previa, it was about an inch close to covering her cervix completely. do ya really want me to tell you if it moved....... =/
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I had it and it moved
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I had it and had to go on bed rest but it did move up and I was able to deliver normally.
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• oh thats right, i forgot you were 30 weeks already. my friend went into early labor at 20 weeks and thats why she was put on bedrest, and then a couple weeks later they found out about her partial previa.

well atleast you are almost there. and limiting your activity is a good idea! best to be as safe as possible. keep us updated on the ultrasound!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I had it. I had light spotting with it. I was checked often. It did move up. I did have to go on bedrest for it at 7 months tho...I believe it was more precautionary than anything.
    Good Luck :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I had complete placenta previa until about the 7th month and then partial until 2 or 3 weeks before my due date. I stayed freaked out the whole time because I had unexplained bleeding requiring weekly ultrasounds and bed rest.

Ordinarily it is something to watch, but not worry about. Congrats on the little bundle headed your way!!!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I had a partial previa. It was very slight. The only reason we even know about it is because when my water broke a bit of the placenta shirred off and was expelled with the fluids, and it was a bloody mess. However, everything was absolutely perfect. There were no complications, and I was able to carry through with my homebirth.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yes, lol.  It's not something I'm freaking out about, just want to know what I'm in for.

MrsHouston47302

Comment by MrsHouston47302 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No.  Not yet at least, lol.  They've been watching close for any problems and haven't found any but with my due date approaching my midwife said that they just want to make sure it's moved.  I kind of put my own self on bedrest though.  I get up and do a few things, sit back.  Then I do a few more things, sit back.  Everything gets done and I rest easier, I wouldn't want to make it worse.  I am 30 weeks, yes, lets hope it's moved, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Comment by MrsHouston47302 (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2011