ANA was negative

I'm still in pain and I'm still swollen. What happens next? Swollen hands and feet, sore and popping joings and sore muscles, tired all the time. If it isn't Lupus, what is it?

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Health

• There are so many conditions that could cause those symptoms. Fibromyalgia, low thyroid hormone, heart conditions, low Vitamin D, arthritis, female hormone shifts, kidney issues, diabetes, etc. My guess is that if you had a lupus panel done, you have probably had a standard CBC and lipid panel and many of these conditions may have been indicated by those. If you are in your 30's or older, it might be worth a hormone panel (estrogen, progestorone), to see if you have started into perimenopause, which can make you feel pretty awful. Also, please keep a journal of your symptoms, and if anything really funny pops up, bring it up to your primary. If often can take many visits to figure out what is going on.
    Hang in there.
    Hugs.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011