Help understanding

I use to work at this job....i worked one day before telling my boss I was pregnant. I had some issue with the manager on site (I worked for a temp catering company). Boss wasn't happy and then I told him I was preg he was really not happy. He tried to fire me because I did not tell himm I was prego but he recanted because I could sue him for that. So he said once I have the baby i can come back.

Now I am thinking about going back for the spring/summer but not sure if he was just saying that to give him an out or if he was being for real. Should I go and retry for a position or look else where?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• Personally I'd look elsewhere. It sounds too easy for him now to say sorry, full up, not accepting new- or re-hires.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I would look else where. I wouldn't want to work with someone I had problems with.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think that you would be happier working for a company that is more family-friendly

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• They are only required to "keep" your job for you for a set amount of time, as outlined by the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). What's the timeframe like?
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• naw this dude is....well we "joke" how he has us drive to the farthest locations for work and he does not believe in raises (really), and if you try to file for unemployment he will lie and say you voluntarly quit so he doesn;t have to pay into it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• If I'm understanding your post correctly, you only worked one day on this job. Find something somewhere else.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• no i worked for him 3 years
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2011