Outdoor play toys...need ideas!

Debating what to get my son for his birthday next month. I'd like to get something big that he can play with outside (we have a huge yard, but not much in it to keep him entertained). He has a swingset, a push-car and a Hot Wheels power wheels (kind of) bike as well as a sand & water table (which unfortunately leaks). I've thought about getting him a sandbox (and probably will), but I'm curious what your kids enjoy playing in. He'll be 4, but he's very tall for his age. Bounce houses are out, because they terrify him and trampolines are out because they'd give me a heart attack (haha!).

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You might look into outdoor games. I saw a set by Little Tykes that's an oversized croquet set but you kick the balls thru the hoops rather than using a mallet. I'm planning on getting that for my son who will be 4 in april.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• idk sounds like he has alot already. We have a swing set, trampoline, pool, and bikes and thats about it.

Answer by gemgem at 6:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• my son's have a swing set,bikes,quads,dirtbikes,a car pit, play house's and a mud track they love getting dirty and riding their quads...
    they also have a fort and trust me it helps with the elimination of toys from the inside of the house..
    japandamommy

Answer by japandamommy at 8:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• gemgem: He doesn't have a lot for outside. The push car he is getting too big for plus mama here is the one who has to push him around in it, haha. The little bike only entertains him for so long, plus he doesn't quite know how to pedal yet (we're working on it). I want something that he can play with without constant assistance.

That sounds pretty neat momofryan07. I'll have to look into that.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2011