What do you think of these names for my twin boys?

Damien Alexander - We chose Damien in honor of a friend's father who was very good to us growing up, his name is Demyan which is the Russian spelling so we took the name but spelt it in the more common way and Alexander is the name of my great great grandfather who came to the U.S. from Denmark, it is also the middle name of my grandfather.

Nicolas Ryan - We chose Nicolas after my husband's cousin who passed away a few years ago, the two of them were very close, and Ryan for two reasons. One being the name of one of my husband's brothers and because my MIL ( jokingly) demanded we represent the Irish heritage in at least one of their names - even though I sort of got her back by telling her their last name is Irish enough.

Also if you have suggestions for alternate spelling of either Damien and Nicolas we'd appreciate it - we haven't fully decided on the spellings of the names yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Baby Names

• They're common so they're fine!
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• They're okay.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I like them. When people have twins, I always think the names should sound good together or similar and I think they sound good together. I would spell Nicholas with an H, that is the way I have always spelled it. However, without an H is fairly common too.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I like them.

matheson7

Answer by matheson7 at 6:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Like them a lot
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• ok
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 7:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I like both of them especially the reasons behind them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I really like them. Even Nicolas with out the H.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think they are good solid strong names that will bring honor to your family.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• @Anna Thank you, my husband comes from a very proud, very large, Irish family and they've all been taught that family is first - they were taught from the time they could understand about honor and loyalty and I wish for all of my kids to be viewed as proud members of this family.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011