Do you think that by allowing homosexuals to have rights to marry the same sex, it will take away the rights....

of Christians?

Why or Why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh pah-leeeez. Can we let this go now?

Sure, of course that's what we've been wanting for awhile!

The people have spoken, it's time to put this issue at rest and stop discussing it.

I agree with you!
    Anonymous

• Hmmm..... To an extent, maybe.

I know that a Christian adoption agency in Massachusetts closed down after gay marriage was legal there because they didn't want to have to adopt babies to gay couples.

Anonymous

• I feel that yes it will and i will just leave it at that because i don't feel like arguing my point.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 3:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes, Christians will not be allowed to talk about certain scriptures that say homosexuality is wrong

Or at least not from the pulpit, maybe in private.
    Anonymous

• It won't take away any of MY Christian rights.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• YES, YES and YES.

Here is something that explains how gay marriage can affect Christians:

http://freedomthirst.com/documents/10-22-08_2012letter.pdf

Its from focus on the family.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it is so much RIGHTs as it is may threaten Some by "taking away business/missions built on Christian Ideals"
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Christians are allowed to talk about what ever they want. Just as homosexuals are. It's called Free Speech. I tried to type that to where it didn't sound rude but couldn't make it sound not. I apologize if it did. I believe in the bible but I also believe I'm not to judge. I think everyone should have equal rights and God will judge in the end. I don't need a pastor or a preacher to tell me that.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately, it already has. I voted in support of gay marriage the previous time it was on the ballot - I didn't understand why they were so vehement about marriage when they could already make civil unions to handle legal issues like sharing health coverage, but I figured it didn't make much difference. Well, I was wrong, as news story after news story unfolded. The bullying gay activists are ruining it for everybody - they trample parents' and neighbors civil liberties in the name of forcing tolerance. So, it was obvious that supporting gay marriage had been a bad idea. I still think it's fine for gays to marry, but the destructive things they have done with that right prompted me to vote against gay marriage this time. ... Too bad they cannot have their rights and rest contented with that. ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Well that sounds FAIR to me! Christian have been trying to take away everyone elses right for YEARS!
    Anonymous