Umbrella Stroller

I have 3 kids, we are taking the 2 oldest to Disneyland next weekend (the youngest is still too small 15 months old the size of a 9 month old). Anyways I am thinking of selling our big strollers and just going with a double and a single unbrella stroller.

Are they durable?
What brand can you recommend?

We are thinking about getting annual passes so these strollers will be used a lot.

ADULT.CONTENT

Asked by ADULT.CONTENT at 6:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• The umbrella strollers we tried were never durable enough for us but we did have a hefty baby/toddler. We tried the most expensive ones and a few cheaper ones but they just never worked out for us.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• =( hmmm ok thank you for that!
    ADULT.CONTENT

Comment by ADULT.CONTENT (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You're welcome. Our son was born 9 lbs and gained very fast and has always been 'bigger' so maybe that was our issue, not sure, just our personal experience :) Good luck and have fun :)
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 6:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Thank you!!! =)
    ADULT.CONTENT

Comment by ADULT.CONTENT (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I hate any sort of umbrella strollers, they are too short and don't have any sort of storage. I want the baby planet double stroller. Right now we have the Colecraft contours double stroller, and it is such a pain! I'd look for something will a little more weight to it than an umbrella...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• All the umbrella strollers I have seen are too short. I'm short, I'm just under 5 foot 3, and I had to bend over to push them. It's not a pleasant way to spend the day.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Thank you ladies, looks like the umbrella strollers idea are out. I'm just not sure what to do with a big stroller at a theme park.
    ADULT.CONTENT

Comment by ADULT.CONTENT (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Maybe you could rent strollers while you are there?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yeah you can rent them but I was thinking of saving money, lol. I may just look into the rental cost though.
    ADULT.CONTENT

Comment by ADULT.CONTENT (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I agree with them being too short. They're very uncomfortable to push for more then just a short trip. How old are they? I guess it's not reasonable for them to walk?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2011