My puppy licks my belly button i am 21 weeks preg.

my min-pin is 3 months old we just got him 4 days ago and he will lick my tummy how does my puppy know i am pregnant?

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 6:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• he probably thinks it is a big ball or something...or it may just be the salt on your skin he is licking
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I have no clue. I was just talkiing to DH about this the other day lol. Well dogs have a good sense of smell so they say so I think dogs can maybe smell the fluid or the baby? I am not sure. But I know what you mean. Animals are smart. I have dog he is about 6 years old he is part black lab and part sheperd mix and he is constantly smelling my belly and he never did that before. I got him when our youngest was a baby they were both 10 months old lol. He never done that with my second although I never got done on his level or let him lay with me until right before this pregnancy. I think cats can sense it too because I have a cat that never I mean never lays with you and all the sudden since I became pregnant she is constantly laying in my lap.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Why would you let your dog lick your belly button? Seems gross to me.
    Anonymous

• someone always has a smart a** commit to say about something. Why do people both answering if they are going to be so nagative.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My Pom Pom was fascinated by my pregnant belly, she would lay her head on me and listen- that is, until one day she got kicked in the nose, and it frightened here :( I'll admit though, that it was hilarious.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• maybe he just likes to lick
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• my min-pin isnt that huge of a licker but i just noticed that he always licks my tummy, idk i think its cute
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I have no idea but my dog knows I'm pregnant too lol
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• its the salt on ur skin hes after thats all
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:08 AM on Feb. 26, 2011