just a question

I was at the doctor today and i was looking through my chart since they left it in the room and my records from when i was a baby were in there and at my 6 month check up i was 25 in and weight was 14.4 pounds. my daughter that is 5 months in 4 days was that at her 4 month check does that mean anything is she going to be a big baby or am i just wondering something stupid

dewey_scoles

Asked by dewey_scoles at 3:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bigger than you were, but I don't think that's that big. My guy as 24 inches and 14 lbs 10 oz at his two-month appointment, and is not too big! You can check out a percentile chart to see where your baby is in comparison to others her age (I have one on my page, if you want to check it out), but I wouldn't be concerned about it. Your doctor will tell you if she needs to gain weight or if she's on the road to obesity. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• well for my son's 4 months checkup he was 25inch 18lbs. but he was perfect with his hight and weight evening out. every baby is different, so unless her Pedi says something, i wouldn't worry about it
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• No. They don't make any predictions about adult height or weight until a child is at least 2.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2008