How do I get him to stop?

My son will just walk around the apartment shrieking! He covers his ears, screams a piercing, high pitched scream and walks around doing that. I wouldn't care so much if we had our own house, but the other tenants are complaining. Even the ones down the hall! My migraines have increased as well. I tell him no and he ignores me. I put him in time out and he screams there too. I know he's not hurt because he laughs after and he has a smile on his face the whole time. The only other thing I can think of is to slap him on the cheek when he does it but I really don't wanna do that. I don't know if I have it in me to. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't wanna get kicked out of my apartment either.

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take him to the doctor, it could be a sign of a neurological issue. And for god's sake don't hit him when he does it.
    Anonymous

• All you can really do is to ignore it. The more attention you give him to get him to stop is actually like more encouragement for him to do it more.
    Can you maybe try to divert his attention somehow when he does that? Maybe let him see you start playing with one of his toys or start playing a game that he likes. Give no attention whatsoever to the screaming.
    I hope this helps.
    And if they kick you out for that..they are idiots..kids make noise..they need to get over it.
    Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I agree with other moms and tell the apartment manager and neighbors that you are working on it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I would definitely take him to the doctor and ask about it...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• You know, after thinking about it I realize he does this around the same time every day and he knows that when mommy has a migraine she puts on Sprout for him so she can relax until the Aleve kicks in. Is it possible that he's picked up on this and is using this as a tactic to get extra TV? >.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2011