????

I'm 32wks pregnant. I had a baby girl in dec of 07. she is 10m old. My dr. keeps asking if i'm having a repeat c-sec cause I have had 2 already. One for my 28m old and one for my 10m old. I dont have much luck with dilation. I was in labor (hard labor) with no meds with my first for 60+ hours and only got to a 3 and he didnt move down. I was in labor with my second for 18+ hours with no meds and I only got to a 3. And she didnt move down either. I really really want to have a vaginal birth. And this is my last baby. Do you think I should try to have a VBAC or do you think I should just go for the c-sec?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Health

• You should have your baby in the way that feels most right to you.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I say do what you really want to do. At the hospital I delivered at they don't allow VBAC after 2 sections. If it's something you think you want to do just make sure you research everything about possible complications and pros and cons before you decide. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I have heard that if you want a VBAC it's better to give your body some time after a c-sec before getting pregnant again. Obviously, that's not the case. Do some internet research on VBAC's and talk to the doctor about the risk of complications since you had a c-sec not too long ago.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If you want to try for a VBAC and the doctor will support you then go for it. Every delivery is different. I had a c-section for failure to progress with my first, and my second came flying out, 100% natural child birth before I even knew what happened! Ask yourself if you will always wonder if you could have had a VBAC if you don't try. If you try, and end up with a c-sect. then at least you won't have that doubt.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Do what you feel is right. With my second I was given the option of VBAC or repeat c-section. I chose the repeat because of the risk of uterine rupture (my OB quoted me at 50%) and I wasn't willing to take that chance. Best of luck to you momma.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Why do you want a vag birth? I had one and it was the most awful thing I've ever experienced. The bleeding, the ripping, the stitches, the fainting, the going into shock, etc . . . My c-section was a much better experience and I could actually see my baby much much sooner. My hospital stay was half as long as well.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2008