Whats the best way to open the second baby coversation?

Me and my fiance' have 1 child who is almost 2, and I REALLY, REALLY want to have another one soon. I am baby crazy right now! But, we've never really sat down and had a serious talk about having another baby. All I've done is said hey lets have another baby. But all he does is laugh it off and make jokes about it. Like "Ok sell Aiden to your mom and we can have another one.. hehehe" But I'm serious about it. I don't know what to do or say to him to let him know I am dead serious, because when he laughs about it, or blows the question/statement off it make me think he doesn't want another one.

MsFoss

Asked by MsFoss at 7:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• when you find out let me know lol
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 7:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Hey Hun, my hpt has 2 lines!! ((j/k))

Id let him know, be honest. Tell him you really want your child to have a sibling, and you feel this is the perfect time for you guys. Honest is the best policy!

BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Sit him down and tell him you want another child. And you are not joking. You will find out quick if he does not want another. Or you can do it the old fashion way. Tell him you are pregnant. Do not give him a choice.

Answer by louise2 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• good luck with that. I always wanted my kids close in age and my hubby knows that and if i was to get prego now they would be almost 5 yrs apart. and every time i bring it up he changes the subject or just clams up. seriously hope u have better luck and let me know if u figure out how to get him to agree to another child.
    brooklyndm

Answer by brooklyndm at 1:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2011