I want to buy my SO a new cellphone, but....

My best friend says don't do it. She bought her SO a new cell, and he bitches about it constantly. She says a cell is a personal decision, best made by the user. But my SOs phone (an old blackberry) is horrible. I can barely understand a word he says when he calls because the sound is so muffled. And he is too busy with work to go to the store to pick one out for himself.
So what should I do?

Inloveagain

Asked by Inloveagain at 7:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Don't do it. Let him do it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I say go for it, as long as you understand you usually have 3 days to return it with no penalties (and make sure that you do in case he doesn't like it) Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Unless your name is on the account, you can't get one for him. I'd look into some new ones, my dh just got the new atrix that came out yesterday. Do some research, and show him what you have found. If your name is on the contract, just kind of hint around at getting him a new phone, or what kind he would like. I do agree, it is kind of a personal thing...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Ask him if you can go buy one for him.

Answer by louise2 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I would do it but I know that my hubby would be okay with what I choose. Think about his personality and how attached he is to his phone and you can probably make the decision for youself.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• let him do it...my sisters ex-bf used to get her a new cell phone for christmas and she hated it...and I think guys are even more sensitive over a technical issue like that...just make a date and say "this is when we're gonna go get one" :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Wait till he is off and go with him.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• If we go together or if I ask him, he won't let me buy it for him. He'll insist on paying for it. And I know his finances are strained right now, so I want to pay for it.
    Inloveagain

Comment by Inloveagain (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011