how much food

so I know this has been asked before but how much actual baby food should a 7 month old get? I know that formula is best but I keep hearing different things like only one jar of food a day or three jars a day....and if you do feed food alot how do you keep up the amount of milk they get, my little one gets full after one container of food. ALSO he is not eating more than 2 oz a feeding right now could this mean he is in a growth spurt and just not hungry?

Quintensmom

Asked by Quintensmom at 3:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could. There are very large ranges with everything for babies. It sounds like enough to me... but if you are uncomfortable with his feeding, check with the ped, or a nurse at the ped office. As long as he is gaining weight there should be nothing to be worried about. Next week he may be eating 8 oz at a time and 3 jars a day, you never know. My baby girl is going back and forth as we speak. I have found she eats less when she is sick, so be extra observant about temps and unusual behavior. Good luck :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 4:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My son is 1 year old and hardly eats solids which is perfectly natural.

Just go with your baby - he will eat when he wants to. Try to not get hung up on what are the recommended guidelines because for babies/children there really shouldnt be. All children are different.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008