Do you coddle your kids when they are sick?

I don't know why you wouldn't but here is a link to an article on the topic ~

http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/family-parenting/the-family-room-blog-post.aspx?post=5438e462-e711-4562-a53c-7f43d969490c

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• ~*Yes*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Indeed I do if they feel like cuddling with me :) Sometimes they don't want to cuddle.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 7:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yes I do and I will regardless of what any article or study says.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I do and we cuddle nmore often than when she is just sick.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I do, majorly. I cater to them, gush over them, etc..... just like my parents did to me/for me.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• my world revolves around her when she is sick...she's only 2 1/2...who else is going to take care of my baby??
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I don't cater to him but if he wants the extra attention I will provide it. He is 14 so, usually he just wants to be left alone to sleep.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Wow, and I bet when he gets sick he's one of those guys that are major whiners. I will coddle even when they aren't sick, if they had a bad day, or they are having an over emotional day... I don't see where it is hurting our children and not making them "tough it out" if we show that it's okay for Mom to step in and take care of them, especially when they are sick. Any adult knows how it feels to be sick...think that kids feel bad or worse than we do? They haven't had the time to build up a tolerance to any type of pain like that...UGH that article made me laugh until he started wondering.... Next, it'll be said that we should make our child who has a fever, is puking, and has severe diarrhea , go outside and play so they don't become couch potatoes.....
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Nope because they are just like me. When they were sick they wanted to be left alone "Don't look at me don't talk to me" I was told by a 16 yr old with pneumonia once. My granddaughter wants to be coddled..but then she's the drama queen too. Everything is an incident with her. My grandson just wants to sit next to me and rest. He is medically fragile to begin with. When he gets sick it goes full blown quickly.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• OF COURSE
    Mentholmom

Answer by Mentholmom at 7:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2011