Has anybody ever recieved or bought donated breastmilk???

If so where from?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never received any, but I donated. I donated to a mom I met through milkshare, but not on this site. She had a foster baby that had been born addicted to a medication she preferred not to name and I am proud to say that with my milk and the milk of other generous moms, that baby flourished.
    I am probably not having any more babies, but if I did, I would definitely do this again.
    All of that being said, as with most things, you must do your research and decide for yourself what's best, of course.
    kmstockwell

Answer by kmstockwell at 7:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• When I became deathly ill 3 weeks after my son was born one of my best friends BF him for 9 days while I was in the hospital having surgery. A few yrs later she was in a massive car accident. Her daughter was 2 months old. Her sister was able to tandem nurse her own baby and her niece. What goes around comes around. I have always loved her more for doing that for me. I would be wary of accepting from someone I didn't know. Although we have several hospitals near us that have Milk Banks. It is tested before given out. It is also expensive.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No. I would be concerned about the health of the person donating. I guess i I needed toI would do it if I knew the other woman well enough.
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I actually got a whole cooler of donated breastmilk...it was off of a milk sharing website. I met the girl, she seemed really nice but after talking to people and learning that the antibodies that everyone carries is different and not safe for the babies immune system, I decided against it. When I opened the container, i noticed most of it was dirty and freezer burnt. Not sure if it was stored in a deep freezer or not, but it looked filthy...not stored in the proper containers, etc....so I tossed it.

You'll get a lot of opinions on this, saying someone elses bm is better than formula, but I would strongly suggest doing your own research before you give your very delicate baby anything from another human being...just my thought from personal experience.
    Anonymous

• NO.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 7:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• never heard of this sort of thing
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No, and I wouldn't.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It look like that wouldn't be safe for the baby. Each person if different. I wouldn't do it.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2011