For those who have had more than one horrifying labor.. do you ever sectretly wish for a c section with you next pregnancy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have you considered working for a better birth experience?
    You can get help and make it much better (AND SAFER) !!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I had a c-section and had a great experience...I was in labor for a long time and pushed non stop for 2 hours until her head got stuck...I don't regret it one bit.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Secretly? Lol. I BEGGED my doctor for one the entire duration of my last pregnancy. No go.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 7:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Uh Yea! LOL I have to admit that I only have one child and she was via csection. But I was not wanting to stay and labor and have to push. I would not dilalate so they were forced to do a csection. When the Dr came in and gave me the news I was soooo excited! lol I know im weird. I was so happy to be cut open and not have to worry about pushinga nd more pain. Id do it again in a heart beat . Recovery was awesome and no meds needed. I do want to try for a natural birth for the next one but ill take the csection any day=)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Well I had a horrifying c section:

When I was having my twins I delivered the first one vaginally but had to have an emergency section for the second. I passed out during the process and when I woke up there were no babies, no husband, no doctor, just a couple of people in white coats mopping up the blood from all over the floor and up the walls. It was like a scene from Saw. Horrific!

I'll never understand why people opt for a c section when the recovery is soooo much harder and longer. Not to mention the nasty scar.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I have 4 children, with only one labor being considered easy.....I can't have children anymore (I got my tubes tied) but I wouldn't want a c-section.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Not to mention the nasty scar.

My scar is non existent believe it or not. Sorry you had such a tramatic experience! Thats def a little freaky that you were left alone and were woken up to all that scary stuff. Im def one of the lucky ones to have had such a great csection experience. Hopefully it will be just as good the second time around (if I need a csection that is lol)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• id kick my husbands butt if he left me unless medically necessary for the babies! lol!.. but that does not sound fun, sorry that happened!

i dont care about any scar.. i have stretch marks that arent going anywhere so a little scar probably is no big deal. im just not sure about the differences of a c section birth and vaginal births that seriously make you want to die, like mine!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. And watch the movie "The Business of Being Born". Your body is made for birthing, having a baby is a natural process. Undergoing major abdominal surgery and then immediately having to take care of a newborn (and any other responsibilities you have like husband, other children, etc.) is NOT natural. There are much safer and more comfortable ways of laboring than sitting in a hospital bed strapped down by IVs and epidurals. I really hope your next experience is much better!
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 12:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2011