Tuna casserole recipes please...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Well, my mom used potato chips layered with the tuna and then poured cream of muchroom soup over it. Then baked it for 30 minutes. I have not had it in years.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I just boil my egg noodles leaving them kind of firm, drain and flake 2 cans of tuna. 1 cup frozen peas,thawed, I cup frozen carrots, thawed, salt, pepper and fresh dill I mix all these together and place in a cassarole. Then I pour a simple white sauce over top. Bread crumbs sprinkled on top. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Just made some last night!  Basic recipe... white tuna, cream of mushroom soup, evap milk, elbow macaroni.  Covered with shredded sharp cheddar and French's Fried Onions (the ones in the can, crushed up).  25 mins at 350. 

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Cook egg noodles (I prefer the narrower ones, not extra wide). For my family, I use 16 oz. When done, mix with 3 cans cream of whatever soup (my preference is celery, my mom used a mixture of chicken & mushroom) and about 1 can's worth of milk. Mix in peas - drained canned or steamed frozen, or cooked fresh. Season. Sometimes I add some finely shredded cheddar cheese - if I do it, I only use 2 cans of soup. Serve, or pour into a greased casserole dish, crush crackers & mix with some melted butter & spread on top of casserole, then bake til crispy & bubbly.
    Anonymous

• Love it my receipe is almost the same as anonymous's its great.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• if you can't eat mushrooms whether you are allergic(like I am) or don't like them you can use either cream of celery soup or cream of chicken instead of cream of mushroom
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2011