Spin off from last question! ive had two induced labors.. both lasted days & were very long and hard for me..

I am due w/ my 3rd in just a few weeks and they are talking being induced AGAIN because i keep getting black out spells and they cant tell why. I would rather get ran over by a bus than be induced again............... can i ask for a c section? or is that completely stupid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's completely up to you and your body. Everything has risks.....but most doctors should let you do an elective c-section
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You can ask for a c-section its your choice on what you want. I had a c-section with my 1st son the healing process sucks thow i say take the pain med when u leave the hosp i nvr did cuz im not big on taking drugs but it will help
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It is NOT your choiice. It is up to your doctor and the hospital guidelines. However, you can tell them you do not want to be induced. Don't let them do it if you don't want it. It def makes labor harder.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 7:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• A cesarean is very risky, avoiding it at all costs is safer for mom (and baby).
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I hated being induced myself and I'm sure you can ask for a C and nowadays you'd probably get it. I don't suggest a C though because of the risks and the PAIN PAIN PAIN that comes from having a little baby and then also older kid(s) to take care of while you're recovering from major abdominal surgery. I ended up with Cs with both my kids (though I did try to VBAC for the second one).
    betholio

Answer by betholio at 9:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• If it were me, I would wait to go into labor on my own. I don't think a C-section would be any easier on you, the recovery is awful.
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 5:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2011