Is your kid a picky eater?

I was horrible as a kid. I guess it was comforting to know I could rely on certain foods.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Heck no, I don't & won't put up with pickiness. They've all eaten pretty much everything I've ever put in front of them. I have 1 child who won't eat fish, brussel sprouts, or asparagus, but I don't make those often at all. Picky kids are made, they're catered to. I'm not a short-order cook and they eat very well.
    Anonymous

• No. My spouse was; it took me two years of hard work to undo the damage his mother did.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• One of my sons was and he really put me through the paces, but we got though it, thank god!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Thankfully no. I do have a 3 year old who changes the 'rules' about what she will eat daily. ... not really working out for her lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Both of my girls are excellent eaters. They love all their fruits and veggies and only have maybe 2 things each that they truly don't like. I cook one meal and we all eat together.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 7:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My son eats everything except salad. I am going to make a bunch of different babyfoods for my baby when he is old enough for babyfood.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• yes
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Ugh.  I love the anons who make rude comments. 

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We don't allow it. If you refuse to eat whaat is placed in front of you, then next time it's meal time, u get the same plate back till it's gone. I don't give impossible portions so it's not gonna kill him to eat 3 bites of something he decides isn't his fave that day.

I make sure there is always something ne likes on his plate and allow him to dip veggies in either ranch or BBQ sause. He really digs BBQ sause on green beans.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I was the pickiest eater when I was young!  And my son is now too.  He goes through these phases, like right now he's in a Lunchable for dinner phase.  Ham Lunchable.  Every. Single. Night.  lol.  Pancakes ... every. Single. Morning.  He's gone through pizza phases, grilled cheese phases, Gogurt pahses.  Eh, I just let him be.  I outgrew it, he will too :)

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011