How do you wash cloth diapers in a front load washer?

with my washer you have to use detergent that has HE on it...so how do you wash cloth diapers...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• The same as you do in a top loader. I guess I don't understand the problem. Take your diapers out of the diaper pail, wring them and wash as usual.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• The only difference is the HE doesn't make as much suds. It is a far more effective way to wash though.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• THE ONLY difference in HE Detergent vs regular detergent is that HE detergent doesn't SUDS like regular detergent - there is an agent they ADD to regular detergent to make it suds. The new machines can't handle the suds. But the clean like any other machine!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• do they make detergent that you can use on cloth diapers that are also HE? i am very new to this
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• This is my wash routine

Speed wash on cold, heavy soil with 3 squirts of Bac-Out. Then permanent press wash on hot, normal soil, extra rinse with 1 tbsp Rockin Green detergent (it is powder, so I have to remove the liquid detergent cup per my washer's manual).

Then I dry on medium for 2 cycles. About 40 minutes total.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• IF your child has no skin issues, you can use ANY HE detergent. Otherwise - use DREFT OR ALL Free and Clear HE.....Use the hottest setting.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Just like you'd wash in a Top Loader. The place for the detergent is usually at the top left.
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011