If they tell you...

you have Pre-Eclampsia. Will they induce you at 37 wks!?!? I got told today that they think I might have it. Im 34 wks along.

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Not necessarily, it depends on how you're managing it and if they think the baby is at risk. My cousin had it, and wasn't induced until 40 weeks, when things started to get worse.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Katie is right, I have a friend who had the same thing and she was induced 2 1/2 months early but then again I have a friend who as long as she was monitored she was fine and went full term with a healthy baby girl!
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 4:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i would wait as long as you can, i had high blood pressure and they induced me at 37weeks and now i wish every day that i would have waited longer. My son has delays and he is almost 6 yo and he is not potty trained. I feel that it is my fault for the way he is. if at all possible bed rest and avoid foods that might raise your pressure. Also ask them to wait as long as possible, it is the best gift you can give your child to keep them in the oven as long as you can.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 4:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2008