How much time do you think kids should spend in pre-school?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in

• Mine went for three hours on two days a week at ages three and four. it was plenty for us
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• a max of 6 hours a day but 4 seems reasonable to me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Mine went to daycae- which was the same as preschool- 8 hours a day while I was at work.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Honestly it depends. My DD goes for 3.5 hours, by the time breakfast is over, they get settled, play time, gym, or the library, snack....they only get about 30 minutes of actual class time. Her first year that was great. This is now her second year (she'll be in kindergarten next year) and she needs a little bit more time on "school" things. I do what I can here at home, but she learns better for other people. I do honestly think it should be based on the individual child and not as a group.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My dd is 4 and goes a full week from 830 to 310. I think it works out perfectly. I work a few days but know that when shes there she is having fun and learning instead of sitting in the house in the dead of winter doing nothing. My house is so small and we live where there are no options for "fun" lol. I really think it depends on the child and the schedule of the parents. There is no set answer. To each their own
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• skittles: Day care and preschool are NOT the same thing. I have worked in both and they are vastly different.

OP: I would say 3 hours a day for no more than 4 days a week. That is plenty!! I am saying this as a mom and preschool teacher.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2011