Strech Marks

Whats the best way to get rid of them. I didn't have them, then all of the sudden they showed up.. I've tried Curel Pregnancy lotion but it doesn't work for me.. And last night I got me some Cocoa Butter lotion to see if it works. I want to get rid of them really bad, I don't like them and they itch a lot. Any suggestions?

Poopie08

Asked by Poopie08 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Don't scratch! They aren't going to just go away, but they will fade over time.

I used CocoButter with Vitamin E, and it helps a lot with the itching, but you have to use it everyday!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Genrally the stretch marks don't disappear after you get them.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Fake baking has seemed to work for me! It won't completely get rid of the stretch marks but it certainly has faded them. That, and constant moisturizing.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 4:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• you can't get rid of them, (unless you want a tummy tuck, but that will only get rid of the ones on your stomach.) but you can make them lighter. cocoa butter will help with that. and don't scratch, it makes it worse. lotion it up as much as you can, keep your skin moisturized. that's what happened with me, i had no stretch marks and then one day woke up to a few, which turned into many of them. nobody told me the no scratch thing until after i had my son, so i have alot of them.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• They might fade almost completely, but there is no miracle cure...yet. Keep yourself well moisturized, that may help lessen future appearances, but don't worry about trying to get rid of them while you're still pregnant, there's too much strain on the skin right now!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Strech marks are hereditary and caused by hormones. There's not much you can do about it short of having cosmetic surgery later on.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 4:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2008