When someone commits suicide do you believe others are ever to blame for their death?

LuckyStarr28

Asked by LuckyStarr28 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Health

• It depends on the circumstances like was the person being ridiculed, abused, etc.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No. Never. Someone who commits suicide is entirely responsible for their own act. It is their inability to cope that makes them suicidal.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 8:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It really depends on the circumstances. I dont beleive that a singe person is responisble wholey but can play a part
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• sometimes you can try to work things out and it does not happen some people just know its thier fault.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It is the person who committed suicides fault. my dad committed suicide when I was 6 and my mom went through an array of emotions, blaming herself, hate.... My mom told me, she thinks if someone is so deep, they are contemplating suicide, the only person who can save them, is themselves. I honeslptly think that is true. They only way they can be saved, is if they want to be.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• There have been circumstances, such as during World War II, people were given a choice to committ suicide or watch their families be tortured and killed.....I would say under those circumstances someone esle is responsible....I think other people can contribute to the decision, but that doesn't make them responsible.......I have a family member who died by suicide, and initially I felt it was partly my fault, but now I have come to realize that it was her decision....it was how she chose to handle a bad situation in her life....and there is nothing I could have done to stop it from happening.
    Anonymous

• Everyone is above all responsible for themself... No one makes you commit suicide.. In fact mostly if someone knew someone they cared for where going to do that im sure MANY MANY MANY people would do anything to protect you from doing just that..

There are chances when maybe a child is being abused in some way -- there is usually signs somewhere that someone should have picked up on... But not always..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• What u all R saying isn't really fair. People whjo to commit suicide feel hopeless, there isn't anyway out...The odds too are real high that person has tried to talk about it but everyone was either busy, distracted, or just wouldn't/couldn't listen. While I agree there are other avenues they could have done or tried, but its not 100% of their fault, someone could have tried or someone could have noticed how the person was acting ands reached out, or sometimes it could have just taken 1 person who could have stopped what they were doing and just listened to them. Here is a quote from a song, I can't remember who sings this but it goes like this:
    "Maybe you hear the words I been singing, funny how your dead and people start listening"
    @inloveagain...as I had said, it nots always the person who commited suicide all their fault, other people around them could have noticed what was going on.>>>>>>>
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Someone just doesn't decide out of the blue and wake up thinking.."hmmm maybe I will kill myself today" There are soo many warning signs, just some people don't care or just doesn't take the time to care or they are to busy. When a child or a teenager commits suicide people are wondering what they could have done different, why didn't I see this earlier ect. When a adult does it, it their fault. Why is that??
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• NO.
    They were the ones who couldn't cope.
    They were the ones who made that choice for themselves.

Think about it. If another person were to blame, it would be murder, really.
    It's easy for loved ones and friends to blame themselves, though, and feel responsible, but that doesn't make them right.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 9:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2011