Did anyone have placenta previa while pregnant? Any answers woul dbe great!

21 weeks and diagnosed with placenta previa... hoping it will resolve on it's own, but wondering if anyone else had this and if the restrictions I have are really needed.... second child

waterski-mom

Asked by waterski-mom at 4:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I didn't have it but Yes the precautions are necessary. Don't put yourself or your child at risk.
    Anonymous

• Pelvic rest is what they told me when I had it. Mine resolved on it's own just recently (I am 31 weeks). With pelvic rest I was told just don't put ANYTHING in my hoo-hoo. LOL! My hubby was real happy about that! I was also told not to do any strenuous exercises or lifting. Mine resolved so hopefully yours will too. I don't think they worry till about 36 weeks. Good luck!
    babyfactory360

Answer by babyfactory360 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I had it too I was put on bed rest no lifting no walks other than bath, kitchen etc.. I couldn't even use my vac. But i was bleeding it was pretty bad but I healed and had a healthy baby.
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 2:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I had it but wasn't given any restrictions, other than no intercourse. It did cause bleeding on several occassions though. It corrected itself by week 20.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 10:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I had placenta previa with my 3rd pregnancy. It was diagnosed at 16 weeks. Not wanting to scare you but I delivered my daughter at 26 weeks because of a significant placenta abruption that was the result of the previa. Just take good care of yourself and get those ultrasounds
    amandantravis

Answer by amandantravis at 12:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Also with my placental abruption I had no vaginal bleeding at all. It was found on an ultrasound and then I was rushed for an emergency c-section. My story is in the minority but it can happen. Just make sure your doctor and yourself take really good care of you.
    amandantravis

Answer by amandantravis at 12:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2008