YMCA discount

I heard you can get a cheaper rate for the Y if your low income?? anyone hear of this or know how much you can get off??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Entertainment

• I would assume it depends on each specific center.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't hold your breath. back when we first got married and things were really hard, they offered us practically nothing off. and when the whole issue came up when they wanted everyone's support to try and get them to keep their tax free status, claiming that they did so much for the community I had to laugh.

I now go to a health club that is a lot better deal than the YMCA ever was.
    Sorry, but that place was such a nightmare for me that just the mention of it makes me cringe. Religious harassment, things like telling me that I wasn't handicapped enough to use things like certain showers, trying to get me kicked out of the arthritis swim class because I was 'too young'
    People trying to tell me and others that we had to go dress in the dressing rooms or bathrooms because they didn't want the nudity in the locker rooms, all kinds of things that just made it a nightmare.

Look elsewhere I think.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous, I'm sorry you had a rotten experience. I was a member, then became staff. It may vary regionally but we got a 70% scholarship/discount.

If you're really annoyed that you can't get much help consider donating to the Partners With Youth. It's an annual campaign to gather donations. Most of those donations go towards the scholarships and discounts you are looking for.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2011