How do I put out this kind of fire? adult content

I was frying up some baby batter for dinner and started a grease fire. I moved it to the sink and put water on it and it valcanoed and went out. I guess that's not how you put out a grease fire....Anyway, what's the best way? Also, is there something better to fry baby batter in other than a frying pan? thanks in advance.

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'd think to put a lid over it and smother it. I dealt with a grease fire and it was an easier way, but when I threw a rag over didn't my inlaws threw a lid over it and it went out.

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Baking powder/ soda or taking it away from the heat, and covering it.

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• OH MY GOD WOMAN!! Consider yourself lucky u didn';t burn the rest of the house down or burn yourself! Don't EVER use water!! Use flour, baking power, no sugar!! Sugar with crystalize and will be hard as hell to clean it up. Flour is your best bet, cause it will smother it out. Or get a fire extinguisher formulated for grease fire. The best thing to use is a deep fry daddy if u do this often.

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• baking soda, flour, sand.

Never ever through water on a grease/oil fire. Oil/grease floats on water. Michigan-mom is right, you are very lucky.

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Momma... Invest in a kitchen fire extinguisher! It's a good thing you weren't hurt, let alone have a home still standing.
    Next, consider investing in a small deep fryer. It will save you a lot of mess (and trouble).

Answer by SpaceToast at 8:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Seriously, didn't any of you read this? Baby batter?! TROLL! Hello!

• hahaha. im lovin the baby batter. This whole post has me LOL.

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It amazes me at how many people did not catch the whole idea of you cooking semen - honestly, it comes out warm enough already, no need to cook it.

Answer by scout_mom at 9:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• what? lol.
    i might be the only one but i don't get what your saying...

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 10:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Holy crap...
    Well, you tricked me.
    Guess I'm not hip on all of the slang terms for semen...

Answer by SpaceToast at 12:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2011