Has anyone had there baby on Zantac for acid reflux?

If so did it work? Did your baby have any side affects???

BabyEby3coming

Asked by BabyEby3coming at 4:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did. The Zantac helped her pain (she was a 24/7 screamer), but it did not stop the severity of her spitting. Eventually, she stopped growing because she was not keeping down enough nutrients. What finally worked for us was Prilosec, which is a stronger drug. But no, the Zantac did not cause any adverse effects. Good luck.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I did too. I helped a lot for us. It stopped the pain and slowed down the spit-up. We didn't see any side effects and were able to take her off of it at about 6 months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I was nervous about starting my son on Zantac when he was 3 months old, so I waited and tried keeping him upright and started rice cereal early instead. It didn't help. When I finally started the Zantac I wish I had done it sooner! It made him so much better! It just made life so much better! He had no side effects. He was on it from about 4 months-9 months old.
    Liz_24

Answer by Liz_24 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• the zantac did not really work for my daughter. she finally saw a specialist who switched her to Prevacid. This has worked much better for us.
    AliMom714

Answer by AliMom714 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• my baby was on it and it did great for her she had no side affects and she was alot happier baby
    unsureforsure

Answer by unsureforsure at 5:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My baby was on it until about 6 months. It worked great for her; no side effects. However, it tastes AWFUL, so we would give it to her before she had a bottle.
    nhoneal

Answer by nhoneal at 6:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• we gave it to our baby when she was 3mos she did very well. It seemed like she grew out of it at 8mos but recently she has occasional flare ups along with her teething.
    chai-mama

Answer by chai-mama at 3:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2008