How can i get rid of my babies redness under her chin?

it looks like it is irritaed from her drool. what can help get rid of this?

melissa089

Asked by melissa089 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Help keep her dry. Have her wear a bib even if she is not eating, and clean under her chin constantly (I use baby wipes)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Are you sure it's the drool? I just figured out my daughter has sensitive skin and is allergic to the polyester blankets I put her one (including the swaddler that comes up to her chin). It was causing her to have a rash on her chin and the back of her neck.
    Liz_24

Answer by Liz_24 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i put desitin on it the first time i noticed it, and then while she was sleeping, i layed her on a boppy pillow so that her head was slightly upright so that her neck could air out. it was gone within a few hours. the doctor also gave me some anti-fungal stuff to put on it, but i only used it once.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• A & D diaper rash cream. make sure you wipe under there good! hope it helps
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 4:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Thanks mommas
    melissa089

Answer by melissa089 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• This sounds funny, but it's the same thing recommended to us for red, bumpy diaper rash. Essentially, if it is a spotty red, it's a form of yeast. We use the same cream you get for athlete's foot; it's an anti-fungal cream. One application clears it up. Oh and I wouldn't use wipes. I have a very sensitive baby, and wipes leave a residue on the skin. I agree to make sure the area is clean, but use a wet washcloth.
    nhoneal

Answer by nhoneal at 6:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My daughter had the same thing..she was a bit chubby so her neck colleced all her droll and formula.. the doctor precrcibed me a specail cream.. if you need the name email me
    prdmama08@yahoo.com
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 7:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Wow you got a lot of answers!! Livi had the same thing. we could keep her chin and neck dry... We just dryed it the best we could and kept powder on it to help keep it dry.. But if you are gonna use powder put it in your hand first so that she doesn't inhale the dust .. like she would if you shook it on.
    BabyBush07

Answer by BabyBush07 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2008