This is bad, isn't it?

So I cheated on my DH and we haven't had sex in over a year. He is very emotionally abusive and he doesn't even care. But still I shouldn't have done it. Anyways the bad other then cheating well I haven't started my period yet and I have never been late except for when I had gotten pregnant the last time. I took a test but they said it came up negative and that if I don't start in two weeks to take another one. I have had all the signs though. I'm afraid to say anything. My husband and I are going to be getting a divorce anyway but still should I tell him. Does he even have the right to know with the way he's treated me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm just waiting for the next 12 days to go by and I'm hoping that between that time I'll start. Its already been two weeks since my period was suppose to start. A lot of the time pregnancy doesn't show until weeks down the line. I hate my life. Now is the time when I just think I'm so very stupid for not using condoms.
    Anonymous

• It could be stress ya know? My ex was emotionally and mentally abusive too. I think you should just try and get him out and prepare in case you are pregnant. You also need to check the state laws I think if you get preg while still married the child is considered his legally unless you lie and say you were single. It isnt like the hosp is going to check.
    Anonymous

• Just because he wasn't the best husband doesn't mean he won't be a good father & your right you shouldn't of cheated but we all make mistakes.... are you sure it's his or did you even go that far with the other...if he is... he has a right to know....so go ahead and get it settled in the divorce papers....
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• iwould NOT tell him, unless you want him to be worse. Get out and move on.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 4:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Stress can really mess up your cycle. I know it's done it to me. Don't panic yet. Wait and see if you get your period.

FYI, those drug store tests are highly accurate very early on so take some comfort in that. My GYN told me this last time i was freaking out.

Why don't you wait until you are out of your marriage before you start a new relationship. I know it's hard but from the sounds of it, your soon to be ex will use it against you.

It's okay, everyone makes mistakes. Hang in there.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 4:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• always use protection.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 4:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Just wait and see what happens maybe your hormones are out of wack.
    Just wait get the divorce regardless, It sounds like he would not trust you anymore.

Just curious what makes you want to cheat??? I know I should ask that question here.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I cheated because I wanted to feel like I was wanted again. I wanted to feel like I was attractive. My DH doesn't want to have sex at all and when we did I couldn't even tell if he was enjoying it. It wouldn't be his baby we haven't had sex in over 1 year. My DH never tells me that he loves, doesn't hold me, doesn't take me out. Although he is going to a movie and he says its with his guy friend but I don't think so. We are all big WOW players and his friend I know for sure wants to lvl up his guy to 80. Its not fair that he will take out someone else. I cheated because I was so lonely I feel like its eating me away. I did it cause I'm a bad person.
    Anonymous

• You're not a bad person. We as women need to feel wanted. If we're not getting it from our SO's we have a tendency to look for it else where. If there is no chance this possible pregnancy is his get the F out while you can. If he's abusive now can you imagine what he would be like after he found out you were pregnant by someone else?
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2008