Have you ever gotten a flu shot and still ended up getting the flu?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 9:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Health

• Almost yearly. Flu vaccines are for specific stains only. It's very possible that you can get other strains of flu.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yes twice
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yes. Worst case of flu I've ever had the year I got the flu shot. I never got another flu shot because of that.

I did get the H1N1 shot but didn't get sick with it.
    betholio

Answer by betholio at 9:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• DD did once. She was so sick, but just for a short time, so it lessened the length. It worked in the boys that year. This year the boys got the flu and DD stayed healthy.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• NO- b/c i won't get a Flu Shot for that reason- i'm scared i will get the Flu!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• nope
    janeosborne

Answer by janeosborne at 10:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Personally I haven't (I've had the shot maybe 5 times in my life, I'm 24, and I've had the flu once in my life - in 8th grade) but I've known quite a few who got the flu after getting the shot - I mentioned to my kid's doctor one time (it wasn't there regular doctor, just someone filling in) because she mentioned if their dad would come in to get a flu shot because they always have a flu shot clinic open to the public and I said no because the one time in his life he got the flu shot he got the flu so bad he ended up in the hospital and she gave me a condescending look and said it wasn't possible because the vaccine uses a dead virus, not a live one - I almost lost control for that look she gave me but I kept my mouth shut instead of telling her to get that look off her face and for something that supposedly isn't possible there's a ridiculous amount of people who get the flu after getting the shot.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No because I won't get the flu shot - and I've never gotten the flu either.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• the one year I got the flu shot was the year I got the flu... I should have gone with my gut... not the doc!!! NEVER again!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• yes but is wasn't as bad as if I hadn't gotten the shot
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2011