Is it wrong?

Ok know how in the movies they are talking to the recently broken up friend and are asking if u had any idea it was coming or whatever... and they say looking back it was the little things.... like not taking care of them when they were sick

Well my question is is it wrong to get annoyed with your spouce when they r sick? When hubby is sick he doesn't want anything to do with anyone. He sleeps all day and bairly talks. Now I am a very clingy person and find myself getting angry/annoyed with him because I'm not getting the attention I want. Now how wrong am I in this situation?

kadensmom04

Asked by kadensmom04 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I am the same way. I dont get to sleep all day or lay around on the couch watching movies when I'm sick, so why should he?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• you answered the question yourself.....you are mad because you are not getting the attention that you want.....you have no empathy for his being sick...
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Well, he's sick and I would think that would make his need for being alone more important that your need to be clingy and get attention. Give him some space and let him get better.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You know some people handle sickness different for instancae when I'm sick I don't mind being bothered but my husband does he wants to sleep so I give him his space.
    Give hiim space especially when he is sick and he will be back to normal. You just have to learn to balance the two.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yes, you're very wrong, but this is about more than when he's sick, right? You have a serious need for attention, to the point where you become angry when you feel you aren't getting enough. This problem requires some immediate attention and the best person to help you would be a therapist, to find out why you need so much attention in the first place, to give you tools to help you manage your anger and so you can find a healthier balance within yourself. Nobody's perfect, the most important thing is that you recognize the problem and do something about it.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• my husband is the same way when he gets sick he is such a big baby and thinks that everyone needs to wait on him and that he can just go to bed whenever he feels like and shut out the world and it makes me so furious when he does this because I can be bed-ridden and still have to get up and do my every day things and take care of the boys and everything
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2011