Elliptical a bad idea?

So I am 38 weeks along and ready to be done. I know a lot of you will probably post on here "baby will come when baby is ready" and so on, but I'm not asking for that. I'm just wondering if the elliptical would have greater results that walking would for the purpose of speeding things up?

kristina.de

Asked by kristina.de at 9:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Hmmm....I'm 36 weeks and I wouldn't do it because I'd fall off lol. But that's only me. I'm sure it can't hurt as long as you don't make the workout too strenuous and go too fast.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I am SOOOO ready to be done too I know how you feel!
    shanapiv

• Nothing will 'speed things up' until they're ready to happen.

You need to find a way to relax and deal with the very real possibility that you could be looking at nearly another month before your baby is ready to be born.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I don't think walking or using an elliptical will ever start labor, it will only progress labor after it's already started. If you're having regular contractions, I think the elliptical would be okay to use to speed it up a little. Otherwise, it's just good exercise. lol
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 5:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2011