Making big shoes fit??

So, I have ridiculously small, skinny, high arched feet. I can pull off a size 5 shoe, but I should really be like a 4!! I found some shoes I REALLY LOVE (AND ON SALE) but they're a 5 1/2 and I have a thing tomorrow night that I need them for =(
I've heard that you can use shoe insoles (like the gell kind or something) and it will make shoes that are too big for you, fit right. Has anyone ever tried this before? Does it work? Or anyone have any other tips, other than sucking it up and buying kids shoes with Barbie or Dora on the side??
PLEASE HELP!!

brandy0827

Asked by brandy0827 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Shopping

• Panty liners.

Pretend I'm kidding.

Wrap them into the toes (so they stick to the inside of the top, and down onto the insole) and they'll act like padding and grips that will stop your feet slipping forward.

I don't promise comfortable, but I do promise 'fit' well enough to wear...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• my sis is a size 4. She can't get shoes smaller than 5. She uses insoles, up to 3, and also those heel guards that are supposed to be so that the shoe doesn't hurt the back of your feet, only she uses it to sort of 'wedge'the shoe in place.
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 9:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• a little of toilett paper and a go cat walk...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:24 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I don't know....I'm into only wearing comfortable shoes that fit right....I miss the days wear you had to have your shoes fitted for you by a cobbler and they lasted for years...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2011