Bursitis

Do any of you ladies have it. How do you keep it from flaring up?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Health

• My mom had it for years. Eventually, she tracked its flares to foods that are too high in fat: gravy, beef, cookies...

Anything that's anti-inflammatory (cherries, raspberries, green tea, dark chocolate, salmon and mackerel, avocados) will help.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Got it in my hip from where I had a massive surgery and now have it in my knee and it SUCKS! I am on vicoden and some anti inflammatory. The only thing I can suggest really is to rest as much as you can when it flares up and don't irritate it.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I was diagnosed with Bursitis in BOTH of my hips when I was a freshman in high school.. so.. about 6 or 7 years ago. they told me to try not to be as active as I was!! WTH?? Ive been on muscle relaxers for it, Pain killers, and shots/injections in both of my hips... The only advice that I can give.. is when you feel it start to flare.. sit down and relax for 20minutes, then get up and walk around.. Im not going to lie.. it doesnt work all the time. but sometimes you get lucky.

Best of luck!
    Nicole050411

Answer by Nicole050411 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• i do hair for a living and i have a combination of bersitis and tendonitis... i just got a cortisone shot in my shoulder a few months ago and i havent found anything that makes it worse. but i do know no pain medicines have worked nor did the cortisone shot!
    mbright3747

Answer by mbright3747 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I've seen good results when it's treated by Iontophoresis with Dexametasone... has to be done by a PT... but it works GREAT!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 24, 2011