Would you be mad?

Would you be mad if someone you know used the same name as one of your kids or a name you were planning to use?

My best friend just found out today she is having another boy. And she is trying to find a name she likes the name elijah but she says she wont use it because my sons name is elijah. but thats not even the name we use we use his middle name. I told her she should if she really likes it but she said no.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't care. It's a personal choice I assume.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 4:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• *shrug* I dunno, I don't think it would bother me in the slightest.

We're naming our daughter Jossalyn. My boyfriend's cousin is named Joselyn. But they call her Josie more often than not, and they'll have totally different last names. Plus we'll call our girl Joss :D Josie's mom thought it was cool, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I had this happen to me! i told one of my old friends the name i had always wanted for a boy and about a month later she found out she was pregnant and when she found out it was a boy she named her son the name i had wanted so bad. We didnt talk for almost 3 years and now she feels like crap for saying that i would never have a boy because i am on my second son now!
    mamad86

Answer by mamad86 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Sounds like she's just being polite and not using the name.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I'm not mad that she wont I was just wondering what other people thought about it she says it baby name jacking and its not cool.
    Anonymous

• No, I wouldn't get mad. My son's middle name is used quiet often in his memory. It makes me feel good that there are those out there who want his memory to be carried on. The first child born i was asked if it was ok. I said that was the parents decision and no it didn't bother me.
    Xee

Answer by Xee at 5:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I babysit a baby name "Elijah" she should name her child this it is a ver nice biblical name.
    Or it reminds me of Elijah Wood. Tell your friend to go for it so what if they will have the same nice name. It happens all the time. How about when they are playing a game (baseball) and they call out another little boys name "Elijah" what is going to happen then. If she likes it, she should name him.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I got mad when my ex's(who is my kids father) sister named her son the same as my son when her son was born 1 month after mine. But ordinarily, no, I wouldn't be mad.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I wouldn't care. My cousin named her daughter the same as my daughter. I have no rights to a name. It's a complement really, that you chose a great name.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery, after all.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I don't think I would get mad. My best friend had a friend do this to her and she was a little annoyed though.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2008